Request a Tele-Education Review with Dr. Van Buren
What is a tele-education review?
A tele-education review is one way for Texas residents to learn more about their medical condition and possible treatment options. It is conducted online and live with a medical expert.
Who should request a Tele-education Review?
These online education services are for you if:
- You want more information about your diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.
- You want to explore whether you are a candidate for surgery or for other treatment options.
- You want more information about the treatment plan or surgery that may have been recommended by your doctor. During the Tele-education Review, you will see and talk with Dr. Van Buren in real time. He will review your diagnosis and discuss the options that may be available to you.
During the Tele-education Review, you will see and talk with Dr. Van Buren in real time. He will review your diagnosis and discuss the options that may be available to you.
Please note: This is not an emergency service. If you are having a medical emergency, please call your local emergency service or go to your nearest hospital or urgent-care center.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
To schedule your appointment with Dr. Van Buren, click on the link below to go to a registration form. After you have completed and submitted the form, you will receive a call from the Baylor Patient Resource Center to collect additional information, schedule your appointment, and provide guidance on how to send your medical records to Dr. Van Buren. After the call, you will receive a packet of information that contains instructions for your Tele-education Review, consent forms, and release forms for your medical records.
Before the Tele-education Review with you:
- Dr. Van Buren will need to receive your medical records.
- You must review and agree to the legal agreements.
- You will need to review the Tele-education Review instructions to ensure that you will be able to see and hear Dr. Van Buren using the videoconferencing software for your computer, tablet, or smartphone.